The majority of homeowners don’t give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it stops cooling, or unless it is time to replace it. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be very good to know how a refrigerator keeps food cold—and Santa Maria Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn everything you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to connect with refrigerator repair Santa Maria.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for several years now. A residential refrigerator is able to store your food at the right temperature, to reduce spoilage and limit the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Santa Maria Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it’s responsible for the circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior wall of the appliance and helps to disperse the heat built-up from within the refrigerator then out in the air.
The evaporator is stored on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the heat held inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it’s time to call a professional. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, turning it back into a liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature throughout the refrigerator, beginning the cooling period as needed.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Santa Maria for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cool down starts. The unit draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor unit directs the warm gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the outside of the appliance, where it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the room and returns back to a liquid state.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the coils in the inside of the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, cooling the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and turns back into a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in a number of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from one place and moving it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, provides a perfect environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule an appointment with Santa Maria Appliance Repair.
Santa Maria Appliance Repair can repair most standard brands of refrigerators – including industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our repairman in Santa Maria complete training to fix issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart synchronization and various malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working